Built in 1907, Ludlow Mill 10 was originally part of the larger Ludlow Mills industrial complex and home to one of the world’s largest producers of jute cloth, rope and twine. Once a powerhouse of manufacturing, the building remained derelict for nearly a decade prior to its rehabilitation and adaptation. The design team’s work included a complete restoration of the structure and facade, as well as artfully adapting the building’s 108,000 square feet to 75 modern apartments for seniors with amenities including a fitness center, resident lounge, reading book nook, and computer lounge.
Tenants of the Residences at Mill 10 enjoy access to the adjacent reestablished Riverwalk on the Chicopee River, and co-location with small manufacturing and design businesses, a microbrewery, as well as a rehabilitation hospital. LEED Certifiable, all buildings within the complex are contributing resources to the Ludlow Village Historic District, and are listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places.