Located in the Gateway City of Worcester, the historic Worcester Boy’s Trade School built in 1909 has been artfully transformed into a new mixed-income multifamily community. The design team demolished the 1955 infill addition, which connected the two sides of the building at its centers, restoring the U-shaped plan. This allowed for an inviting courtyard entrance, pedestrian walkways, parking lot and ample day lighting. The transformation retains the building’s industrial look characterized by high brick walls, exposed wood ceilings and piping, and 312 historic replica windows. The 116,306 square foot building offers 84 loft units and resident amenities include an on-site management office, community lounge with kitchen, computer learning center, fitness center, a dedicated museum and art gallery, a children’s playground and community garden.