Commercial Wharf

Boston, MA

Built around 1833 and serving as a shipping warehouse until the 1960’s, the cluster of buildings on Commercial Wharf sat vacant until the 1970’s when the firm was hired as Master Planners for the property. Located on Boston’s historic waterfront area, the firm converted the buildings into condominiums and office space. The design also provided for a new pedestrian access way to the seawall as well as recreational areas – all serving to restore a sense of community to this once under-utilized site.

  • SERVICE

    Architecture

    Masterplanning

  • TYPE

    Historic Preservation | Restoration + Adaptive Reuse

    Mixed Use + Hospitality

    Multifamily

    Commercial

  • CLIENT
    Commercial Wharf Properties
  • STATUS
    Completed in 1975